The Metalcam Group has been specializing in the production of high quality, open die steel forgings for over 100 years, always satisfying its customers’ needs thanks to a structured and integrated end-to-end production cycle and facilities located on one single site.
- Product and process engineering: Metalcam ensures that all technical & metallurgic support is given to its customers during material selection thus optimizing the production cycle.
- Thanks to different chemical analyses and steel heats specially made to answer each customer’s specific technical needs, our steel mill allows us to obtain great flexibility by minimizing production costs without jeopardizing the quality and technical aspects of our products.
- Steel ingots are then forged, heat treated, rough and/or final machined into a large selection of products for various markets’ applications: Oil & Gas,Mechanical, Energy, Shipbuilding, Hot work tool steels and so on.
Metalcam also numbers among its Group the following international companies: Vorlaender (other forgings of medium dimensions), Valforge (for forgings of small & medium dimensions), Adamello Steel (sheet steels).
The Metalcam Group is renowned for:
- the experience in the steel making industry gained in over 100 years of activity
- the ability to produce all steel types, to answer specific needs and/or specially made heats
- the technical and metallurgic support given to its customers
- the quality and precision which can only be provided by dedicated internal machining workshops
- the benefits gained by the customer thanks to an integrated production cycle
- the wide range of products weighing from 100 Kg up to 35 tons
- Variety of materials ranging from carbon steels, low and high alloy grades, to duplex steels.
- Specified acc. EN and DIN, ASTM, ASME, British Standard, as well as special materials according to customer specification.
- Open-Die forgings from 100kg to 35t
- Sheet Steel, only in special grades, thickness 10-150 mm, Details
- Ingots, Download Ingot-Overview
- All products can be supplied in black condition, pre-machined and finished machined
The steel mill is made of:
- scrap area made up of scrapped machined coils (blast furnace steel) with very few impurities plus internally scrapped material;
- a 35 tons capacity arc melting furnace ;
- a ladle furnace for refining;
- a degassing unit with a VOD unit able to produce low carbon content stainless steel;
- ingots of different shapes and sizes are poured at the source and vary in weight from 18 to 40 tons.
The heat treatment is also carried out entirely in-house.
Machining, shipping & logistics solutions are completing our delivery options and form a unique approach to optimze your supply chain.
- ISO 9001:2008
- RINA: CERTIFICATE OF APPROVAL OF MANUFACTURERS OF MATERIALS
- TÜV-Süd: AD 2000-MERKBLATT W 0/TRD 100
- GL: APPROVAL OF MATERIAL MANUFACTURERS
- LRoS: APPROVAL OF MATERIAL MANUFACTURERS
- BV: APPROVAL CERTIFICATE FOR MATERIALS
- A.B.S.: FORGING FACILITY AND PROCESS APPROVAL CERTIFICATE
- Korean Register: APPROVAL CERTIFICATE FOR MANUFACTURING PROCESS
- DNV: APPROVAL OF MANUFACTURER CERTIFICATE
See our movie: