EUSKAL FORGING S.A.
Grupo Euskal Forging, founded in 1969 by Mikel Redin, manufactures seamless rolled rings and flanges with a max. outer diameter of Ø10.200 mm, a max. weight of approximately 80t and is a reference in terms of quality, flexibility and technology.
Grupo Euskal Forging has 5 manufacturing plants (47,000 m² covered area) in Northern Spain.
- The quality of the product begins with the technical and metallurgic support given to the customers and by making the correct choice of the finest raw materials. We buy the highest quality vacuum degassed steels in carbon, alloy, stainless and duplex steels.
- In order to ensure offering our clients a rapid response, at Grupo Euskal Forging we have an extensive range of raw materials, both as continuous cast round bars with diameters of between 300 and 750 mm, and as ingots (round, square or polygonal) with formats of up to 2000 mm.
- The heating process is carried out in 10 gas furnaces that are programmable to automatically execute the heating curves. The furnaces are calibrated by independent bodies (certified by ENAC) every six months.
- Our installations for manufacturing seamless rolled rings are prepared for an automatic punching process, and are considered to be the most innovative in the sector. This process, together with ring rolling, allows us to achieve a forge reduction that is not comparable with other ring manufacturing methods.
- The heat treatment, being one of the most exential and critical process, is carried out entirely at our premises. Our advanced technology has once again allowed us to develop a wide range of treatments in this area, as normalising, annealing, stress-relieving, quenching and tempering and water quenching.
At Grupo Euskal Forging we offer the possibility of providing our seamless rolled rings either as black, with excellent levels of surface quality and minimum allowances, either machined to drawing. We respond to the market challenges by offering the machining of our manufacturing range, either for seamless rolled rings (up to 10.200mm). We are equipped with vertical lathes and drilling machines, all CNC.
Value adding is the key to reduce both, delivery time and costs. Therefore we have introduced many years ago our one-stop-shop solution, ring-rolling, heat treatment, machining, gear cutting and assembly.
All in one call !
- variety of materials ranging from carbon steels, low and high alloy grades, to duplex steels.
- Specified acc. EN and DIN, ASTM, ASME, British Standard, as well as special materials according to customer specification.
- dimensional range Ø450mm - Ø10.2000mm
- weight up to 80t
- All products can be supplied black condition, pre-machined and finished machined.
At Grupo Euskal Forging we have four ring rolling machines, powered as follows:
- SMS Meer RAW 80/63
- SMS Meer RAW 125/100
- SMS Meer RAW 400/200
- SMS Meer RAW 500/400
- SMS Meer RAW 1000/1000
The heat treatment is also carried out entirely in-house.
Ring-rolling, heat treatment, machining, gear-cutting, assembly, shipping & logistics solutions are completing our delivery options and form a unique approach to optimze your supply chain.
- ISO 9001/2008 – LRQA
- GERMANISCHER LLOYD’S
- DET NORSKE VERITAS
- TÜV – AD Y PED
- BUREAU VERITAS
- LLOYD’S REGISTER
- AMERICAN BUREAU OF SHIPPING
- RUSSIAN MARITIME REGISTER OF SHIPPING
- CPR - CE MARKING
Grupo Euskal Forging is foundation member of Tecnalia-Inasmet, a world wide recognised technologycal center for materials analysis and research. (www.inasmet.es)